Sunday, January 22, 2006

Being SDU - Being George

Its been awhile since I updated the SDU series because after the last SDU post, I do not have any inspiration nor material to create a post about it.

But now I do! And here we are!

I was having a conversation with brudda Foxtrot One vis MSN and he brings up my singlehood status (Not again!) and how he sees my problem after reading the SDU Series.

A few methods here, a few philosophies there.

Currently, I think I have read enough help books/websites and heard countless advice from my peers on how to get women.

But no harm hearing another one right?

He was telling me a few methods, Saying that methods recommended by my peers would not work even though it worked for them, mainly because my peers are my peers. I is I. Or is it me is me? Or myself is myself? Bah, you get the picture.

Come to think of it, some of his methods I have already read about in those self help books and http://www.askmen.com

For a clearer picture, read all about it here.

Since I am no stranger to the advice given as I have read about it already, why am I still single?

I myself don't have an answer to that one.

Or maybe I was applying the advice wrongly?

Somepart during the MSN conversation, it hits me like a shock.

I suddenly feel like George from the comedy Seinfeld.

While Jerry, Kramer and Elaine make up all my peers, giving advice.

And in Season 3 episode 17 - The Fix-up, he comes to this conclusion that he no longer hope about getting attached because it is killing him.

He aims to become hopeless.

"When you are hopeless you don't care, when you don't care, that indifference makes you attractive."

I feel like I'm in that episode's state right now. Very uncannily similar, because currently, I don't care about being single already.

Am I beyond that path already?

Brudda Foxtrot One said that I can use this bochupness to my advantage.

Bah, only time will tell.

Like I said, I can't be bothered anymore. This SDU series was created not because I want to complain about my singlehood anyway.

0 Comments:

<< Home